Assisted living is a special combination of housing, personalized support services and health care designed to respond to the individual needs of those who need help with activities of daily living, but do not need the specialized care of a nursing home. Assisted living care promotes independence and dignity for each resident and encourages the involvement of the resident’s family, neighbors and friends; staff is available to meet scheduled and unscheduled needs.
Level 1 Includes:
- Medication Administration
- Independent with all social, educational and recreational activities
- Independent with dietary requirements and needs
- Appropriate behavior
- Independent with supportive devices (cane, walker)
- Independent with ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) such as …
Bathing, Dressing, Grooming, Hygiene
- Orientated to person, place and time
Medication aids are very careful when giving me medications.